Practice Density problems
Use these questions to practice:
- What is the mass of a piece of aluminum foil that is 0.28 mm by 5.1 cm by 11.4 cm? The density of aluminum is 2.7 g/mL.
- What is the correct answer in scientific notation, with correct significant figures, for this problem? 540 x 0.0003
- Aspirin has a density of 1.40 g/cm3. What is the mass of an aspirin tablet that has a volume of 1.78 x 10-1 mL?
- A rectangular room is 11 feet by 13 feet. How many square meters of carpet will completely cover this floor?
- If the diameter of a Lithium atom is 3.00 x 102 pm. If these atoms were placed side by side on a ruler, how many lithium atoms in a row would be 1.0 cm long? (Lithium metal reacts violently with water, the form of lithium that is used to treat manic depression is the lithium ion, its diameter is about 120 pm.)